The Center for Teaching and Educational Technology invites applications for a Faculty Fellow for Inclusive Teaching for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022. This position’s goal is to provide proactive support and programming that creates inclusive teaching spaces across the university. The Faculty Fellow for Inclusive Teaching is charged with 1) providing supportive, non-evaluative, confidential consultations with faculty on inclusive teaching practices, 2) offering targeted, customized workshops to departments and schools on discipline specific inclusive teaching practices, and 3) host 2-3 public faculty forums on inclusive teaching practices. The faculty fellow will be eligible for additional pay of up to $3000 for Fall 2021 and one 3-unit course release (or equivalent overload pay) for Spring 2022.
- Work with the CTET Faculty Fellow for Teaching and Learning to receive training on instructional consultation practices, leading customized workshops, and evidence-based practices on inclusive teaching.
- Provide confidential, non-evaluative, supportive consultations to faculty on inclusive teaching practices and course design.
- Offer customized workshops for departments and schools each semester on core practices on inclusive teaching. (2-3 per semester).
- Lead a late spring faculty learning community on evidence-based practices in inclusive teaching.
- Strong enthusiasm and demonstrated excellence in teaching, particularly with respect to setting a supportive classroom climate for diverse students
- Experience in, or willingness to learn about leading class conversations on topics related to diversity (e.g., race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability)
- Ability or willingness to establish rapport, trust and support for faculty consultations
- Strong presentation skills/ability to lead engaging workshops
- Background knowledge on student diversity, equity and inclusion preferred.
Please direct all inquiries to Dr. John Lynch, CTET Assistant Director (firstname.lastname@example.org). To apply, please submit a letter of intent and a current copy of your CV highlighting work directly related to this call by email to email@example.com by end of day on Thursday, October 14, 2021 (extended from October 1).