Google Suite for Education (G Suite) incorporates an integrated suite of secure, cloud-native collaboration, and productivity tools powered by Google. G Suite can be seen as a free alternative to the Microsoft Office Suite. All the tools within G Suite have a variety of templates and provide real-time collaboration and editing with the Share function. Here's a closer look at some of the provided apps and their functions:
- Docs: Create, edit, share, and print documents for work, school, or personal use
- Sheets: Intuitive spreadsheet tool with full use of formulas, functions, and formatting options
- Slides: Slideshow tool with templates and premade themes for effective presentations
- Forms: Create forms, quizzes, RSVPs, and more while collecting responses
G Suite is available to all faculty, staff, and students at Sonoma State University. To access your Google Drive account, log in to Online Services, then click the Google Drive button.
- For help with G Suite, visit Google's Help Center website. Their website includes help specific to Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, and more.
- For more information on integrating your Google Drive into your Canvas course, please visit this Canvas Community Guide topic: Using Google in Canvas.
For support regarding G Suite, such as how to share documents or how to integrate your Google Drive into your Canvas courses, contact the Center for Teaching and Educational Technology.
- Center for Teaching & Educational Technology: Please email the front desk: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Center for Teaching & Educational Technology: Online Zoom meeting room (8 am-5 pm, M-F)
- Center for Teaching & Educational Technology: Submit a Help Ticket