Canvas is the official learning management system (LMS) used by Sonoma State University. Canvas features integrated LTIs and education applications such as TurnItIn, Zoom, and more.
Top Support Request
- UDL Course Readiness Checklist
- Adding Waitlist Students to Canvas
- How do I set up my gradebook and weight grades with Assignment Groups?
- Students are not able to access a course or activity in Canvas
- How do I set up a quiz on Canvas?
- Canvas Instructor Guide - Table of Contents
- Student Canvas Help Resources
- Remote Testing Guide
- Setting up and using Rubrics in the Canvas Speedgrader
- Grading assignments in the Canvas Gradebook
- How do I upload files to my Canvas course?
- What is the best way to communicate with students using Canvas?
- How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool?
- Configuring assignments in Canvas
- Reviewing assignment submissions in the Canvas Speedgrader
- Downloading assignments from a Canvas Assignment
- How do I add or edit details in an assignment?
- How do I add rubrics to a Canvas assignment?
- How do I view a course as a test student in Canvas?
- How to create a group assignment in Canvas
- How to create a discussion board in Canvas
- How to create individual discussion boards for groups in Canvas
- An Overview of Quizzes in Canvas
- Creating a new Quiz in Canvas
- Quizzes: How to adjust the time for students with DSS accommodations?
- Moderating Quizzes in Canvas
- Creating your Online Syllabus in Canvas
- How to create a new Canvas Gradebook entry
- How to enter grades for previously received and graded work into Canvas
- Options for how to review and grade work submitted through Canvas
- Cheating prevention tools in the Canvas Quiz
- Detecting plagiarism using Turnitin
- Online Canvas Self-Paced Course: All Instructors: Info & News
- Online Canvas Self-Paced Course: Online and Blended Teaching Excellence Program (Asynchronous)
- Register for Center for Teaching & Educational Technology Workshops
- Attend virtually through Zoom Workshops
For in-depth and step-by-step instructions for many Canvas tools, visit the Canvas Community Guides.
- Instructure: Canvas Faculty Hotline: 24/7 (833) 263-0708
- Instructure: Canvas Faculty Live Chat: Access through the HELP button on the left side of a Canvas browser window
- Center for Teaching & Educational Technology: Online Zoom meeting room (9 am-5 pm, M-F)
- Center for Teaching & Educational Technology: Submit a Help Ticket (email support) Best response for:
- Request a metacourse, miscellaneous course, or sandbox
- Request teachers or TAs to be added to your course
- Medium priority Canvas use questions
- Center for Teaching & Educational Technology: Please email the front desk: email@example.com
- High Priority Canvas Questions
- Set up a 1:1 consultation with staff for in-depth workflow questions
- The Center for Teaching & Educational Technology also offers one-on-one consultations for Canvas course design. Please contact the Center for Teaching & Educational Technology to set up an appointment.