Canvas is the official learning management system (LMS) used by Sonoma State University. Canvas features integrated LTIs and education applications such as TurnItIn, Zoom, and more.
Top Support Request
- How do I set up my gradebook and weight grades with Assignment Groups?
- Students are not able to access a course or activity in Canvas
- How do I request a sandbox or metacourse for multiple sections?
- How do I set up a quiz on Canvas?
- Canvas Course Evaluation Checklist
- UDL Course Readiness Checklist
- Canvas Instructor Guide - Table of Contents (All Canvas topics)
- SSU Canvas Guide for Instructors
- SSU Student Canvas Help Resources
- Remote Testing Guide
- Adding Waitlist Students to Canvas
- What is the best way to communicate with students using Canvas?
- SSU How to adjust the time for students with DSS accommodations?
- How do I upload files to my Canvas course?
- How to Copy Canvas Course?
- Moderating Quizzes in Canvas
- Creating your Online Syllabus in Canvas
- How to create a new Canvas Gradebook entry
- How to enter grades for previously received and graded work into Canvas
- Options for how to review and grade work submitted through Canvas
- Cheating prevention tools in the Canvas Quiz
- Detecting plagiarism using Turnitin
- Online Canvas Self-Paced Course: All Instructors: Info & News
- Online Canvas Self-Paced Course: Online and Blended Teaching Excellence Program (Asynchronous)
- Register for Center for Teaching & Educational Technology Workshops
For in-depth and step-by-step instructions for many Canvas tools, visit the Canvas Community Guides.
- Instructure: Canvas Faculty Hotline: 24/7 (833) 263-0708
- Instructure: Canvas Faculty Live Chat: Access in Canvas through the Canvas HELP? button.
- CTET: Online Zoom Support room (9 am-5 pm, M-F)
- CTET: Submit a Help Ticket (email support):
- Request a metacourse, miscellaneous, or sandbox course
- Request teachers or TAs to be added to your course
- Set up a 1:1 consultation with staff for in-depth workflow questions by emailing ctet.sonom.edu